Saturday, December 18, 2010

Value of 5 cents...

When we were staying at Venice, the owner of the house that we live in gave us some coins. By looks, it's not the usual Euro coins, it has no value on face, but actually carried a value of 1 Euro. The coins can be only use at his own small shop, guard by the CCTV, the vending machines shop! He gave us the coins to buy coffee or any drinks or even snacks if we like to. On the last night at Venice, as usual we dropped by at the shop to buy some drinks. Actually we wanted to use all the coins given to us. At the same time, there's one Italian girl inside the shop. She looks like searching a snack to buy, then we just stay behind. Once, she looked at us and turns back to the vending machines. She seems very blur at that time. Maybe she don't know what to buy. After a while she turns to us back and asking a question fully in Italian. Erk?? We were looking at her with a blur face. We ask her whether she can speak English. She tried so hard to explain to us that she actually do not have enough coins to buy a snack, 60 cents chocolate. We only figured out when she point at the amount of the coins that she has already put in, 55 cents. Then she opened her palm and there're 4 cents left. Then, she asked if we got another 1 cent or a 5 cents coin, by her body language. Yorke said he has no coins left, and KN pretending that he has no coins. Then I opened my wallet and there's only the coins that the owner gave us. I tried to give her the coin but she refused because as I said, the coins doesn't look like usual Euro coins. I tried to explain, but she can't really understand. Finally she bought a 30 cents snack which is actually a plain biscuits. I felt so sorry to her as I can't explain about the coins. When she left the shop, I was thinking why not I bought the chocolate that she wanted to buy and give it to her, as I still got 4 extra coins. As I laid on the bed that night, I can't really sleep , because I kept on seeing her face in my mind. I felt really2 upset as I can't help her. And I just don't know why my heart can be easily touched.

the coins, with no value on face..


the snack she wanted to buy - no 30
snack she bought - no 39

No comments:

Post a Comment